The NPTA is a voluntary Organization whose motto “Home and School United For the Good of the Child”, Founded in 1960, it achieved legal status by an Act of Parliament - No 18 of 1976, With over 50 years experience as an advocate for children, the NPTA is well placed to voice your concerns about issues affecting children in education.
To be the most powerful voluntary Organization that provides sustainable family Empowerment for the holistic development of all parents of Trinidad and Tobago.
To promote excellent support for parents and youth through well-defined and coordinated programmers' that will enrich their knowledge, skills and competences to transform the Society.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, church and community.
- To raise the standard of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relationship, the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the training of the child.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for every child the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
- To co-ordinate the activities of all member units of the P.T.A associated in Trinidad and Tobago, and to encourage the formation of new unit association.
- To collect and disseminate such information and technique as may give direction and guidance to member units with a view of increasing the capacity for service and to assist them in the use of the best Parent Teacher Association practices.
- To keep the public and all member units abreast of modern methods of re-education and to inform them about relevant issues.
- To encourage closer relationships among Parent Teacher Association by means of Conferences, group projects, mutual interests and concern.